DIMVA 2011 Call for Workshops Proposals
This year, in a break from previous DIMVAs, we want to allow for a
small number of workshops to be co-located with the main
conference. Researchers and practitioners are therefore invited to
submit proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the
DIMVA 2011 conference. The purpose of workshops is to provide a forum
for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary
results in a smaller and more interactive atmosphere.
Proposals should include:
- Workshop name and a 150 to 200 word abstract describing the workshop, suitable for the conference web site.
- A short summary of the topic, scope and significance of the
workshop including a discussion on the relevance to DIMVA topics.
- Information about the procedure for selecting papers, plans for
dissemination (for example, special issues of journals, or position
statements distributed to the participants), the expected number of
participants and the planned workshop format.
- A brief CV of each of the organizers including contact addresses
and an identification of a single primary contact.
All proposals will be judged on their merits and only the best
proposals will be accepted.
The DIMVA 2011 organization provides:
- Link from DIMVA web site.
- Management of registration for participants.
- Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
- Coffee-breaks and workshop dinner arrangements.
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the chairperson(s) of the workshop. The workshop organization must take care of:
- Coordinating deadlines and acceptance notifications for workshop papers with the DIMVA Workshop chair.
- Workshop publicity, call for papers, and submission and review process.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for inclusion on the DIMVA web page.
- Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the DIMVA local organizers.
- Workshop proposals due: December 22, 2010 (11:59am CEST)
- Acceptance notification: January 11, 2010
- Date of Workshops: July 6, 2011
Please send electronic submissions to email@example.com. You can expect a confirmation on receipt of the proposal. If you do not receive a confirmation, please resend the proposal.