From Centraal Station
- express tram 51 (16 minutes), in the underground station
- tram 5 (25 minutes), on the station square
alight: at the VU tram stop
From Sloterdijk Station
- underground 50 (15 minutes)
alight: at the Station Zuid/WTC stop; change: follow directions given under 'from Station Zuid/WTC'
- underground 50 (12 minutes)
alight: at the Amstelveenseweg stop; from this stop it is a 10-minute walk to the VU
bus 19 (18 minutes)
alight: at the Osdorpplein tram stop, change to bus 23 direction Station Zuid/WTC,
alight: at De Boelelaan in front of the VU Main Building
From Muiderpoort Station
bus 15 (25 minutes)
alight: at the Amstelstation stop; change to express tram 51 (10 minutes) - in the station
alight: at the VU tram stop
From Amstel Station
- express tram 51 (10 minutes), inside the station, alight: at the VU tram stop
- bus 69 or 169 (24 minutes), alight: at De Boelelaan in front of the VU Main Building
From Station Zuid/WTC
- express tram 51 (1 minute), alight: at the VU tram stop
- tram 5 (1 minute), alight: at the VU tram stop
- bus 23 (3 minutes), alight: at De Boelelaan in front of the VU Main Building
- bus 63 (3 minutes), alight: at Buitenveldertselaan VU Main Building
- It is a 10 minute walk to the VU from Station Zuid/WTC
From Duivendrecht Station
- underground 50 (9 minutes), alight: at the Station Zuid/WTC; change: follow directions given under 'from Station Zuid/WTC'
- underground 54 (9 minutes), change at Spaklerweg to express tram 51; alight: at the VU tram stop.
- change to train to Station Zuid/WTC (7 minutes); change: follow directions given under 'from Station Zuid/WTC'
There are several direct regional bus services to the VU: from Aalsmeer bus 171, 172; from Alphen a/d Rijn bus 147; from Amstelveen bus 125, 147, 148, 149, 169, 170, 171, 172; from Haarlem bus 125; from Mijdrecht bus 170, 193; from Ouderkerk a/d Amstel bus 125, 148; from Uithoorn bus 147, 149, 170, 193; from Utrecht/Abcoude: bus 125; from Wilnis: bus 193.
Alight: at Amstelveenseweg near the VU Hospital building
Passengers coming from Zaandam are advised to take the train to Amsterdam-Sloterdijk; for further information please see 'from Sloterdijk Station'.
Passengers coming from Amstelveen can also take tram 5 or the express tram 51 directly to the VU.
CarThe A-10 Amsterdam ring road can be reached from all directions. Follow the A-10 to the Zuid/Amstelveen exit S 108. Turn left at the end of the sliproad onto Amstelveenseweg: after about three hundred yards (at the VU Hospital building) turn left again onto De Boelelaan. The VU can be reached via city routes S 108 and S 109.
There is a limited amount of parking space around the VU itself in De Boelelaan, which has parking bays, and also in Karel Lotsylaan. There is paid parking on the VU parking lot to the right of the Hospital Outpatient Clinic. There is even more parking space on the east side of Buitenveldertselaan at the junction with Willem van Weldammelaan, within 5 minutes walking distance of the VU. A number of parking places for the handicapped are reserved in front of the VU Main Building and within its grounds.
Travellers arriving at Schiphol can take the train to Station Zuid/ WTC.