elaboration(s) -- beginner(s) vs expert(s)
- beginner(s): trick(s)
- lack of -- imagination, structure, closure, knowledge of allusion(s)
- poor use of -- technology, story storyboards, interaction graphs
- naive in -- (game/story) patterns & interaction mechanics
- rely on -- aspiration, talent, cleverness and ability
- get stuck in -- cliches, self-indulgence, if not arrogance
- expert(s): craft/trade
- mastery in -- (digital) rethorics (i.e rules) and interaction style
- advanced use of -- technology in relation to content and style
- reflection(s) on -- application context, meta-readings
- strive for -- inspiration, reaching their audience, appropriate targets
- try to -- direct their talent(s), be original, and realize their ideals
- economy -- efficiency of means / mechanism(s)
- simplicity -- sincerity: adequate expression / organic unity
- sequence -- composition: exposition & progression(s)
- climax -- progression(s): emotional involvement
- variety -- sincerity: contrast(s) & entertainment
from principles of success in literature.
critical appraisal(s) -- phrase(s) of judgement
- negative: boring, ...
- positive: awesome, cool, unreal, ...
in creative application there is always a notion of the
the need to unlearn
given skills, in order to arrive at an original approach.