multimedia @ VU
college(s) -- (project) interactive multimedia
present / print
There will (in principle) be meetings two (or optionally) three times per week. Consult the schedule in the common(s)
for the actual dates and times.
week(s) -- (project) interactive multimedia
- concept(s) -- topic(s) / possibly with guest-speakers
- support(s) -- technology / with student assistents (*)
- present(s) -- to show your work (in progress)
(*) additional sessions on demand
(**) presence obligatory!
rooster -- (project) interactive multimedia (provisional)
some periods might contains 5 weeks, which necessitates
an (occasional) adaptation of the original schedule of 4 weeks, by the inclusion of an additional week 0
- week 0: introduction(s) -- what do I want with this course?
- week 1: preparation(s) -- what are (y)our topic(s)?
- week 2: progression(s) -- where does it lead to?
- week 3: completion(s) -- are we (not) there, yet?
- week 4: presentation(s) -- so, what did it deliver?
essay -- express (y)our point of view
Writing an essay, in connection with the
interactive video application, gives your the opprtunity to
reflect on (the process of) your production, and
allows for deepening your knowlegde about (theoretical)\
topics related to interactive multimedia, (mini)games and
The recommended subject of the essay is,
in addition to the documentation that must be delivered with
the interactive video application, a detailled description of the
approach and structure of the interactive video,
from the perspective of narratives and communication goals.
This includes a characterization of the scenario(s),
a discussion of design decisions, as well as your experiences
with using the XIMPEL platform, where are invited to make
suggestions for improving the platform.
A brief indication of what issues play a role in writing a paper
is given in
write a paper!.
for information on storyboards.
For additional information consult the following list