The language Java
- design principles -- safety
- terminology -- object, interface
- syntax -- like C++
- objects -- abstract data types, interfaces
- inheritance -- single inheritance
- techniques -- dynamic casts, reflection, APIs
slide: Java -- summary
It gave an outline of its history,
and discussed the design principles underlying Java
and its possible future as the dial-tone of the Internet.
It described how Java differs from C++,
gave an Hello World example of
an ordinary program, an object that implements
an interface and an applet.
Also, we discussed briefly the libraries,
frameworks and extensions comprising
the Java platform.