Analysis Conference in honor of Ciprian Foias
Analysis Conference in honor of
on the occasion of his honorary doctorate
at the Vrije Universiteit
Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
October 18 and 19, 2000
On October 20 the Vrije Universiteit at
Amsterdam will present an honorary doctorate to Ciprian Foias, in
recognition of his "exceptional academic contributions to
mathematics, which had notable impact on the relation between
mathematics and other academic fields."
To celebrate this event an Analysis Conference
is organized on October 18 and 19. The conference program will
cover various aspects of Foias' mathematical interests, including
infinite dimensional dynamical systems, non-linear partial
differential equations and operator theory.
The list of speakers consists of:
Click here for full affiliations of the speakers.
- H. Bercovici (Bloomington, IN, USA)
- P. Constantin (Chicago, IL, USA),
- A. Dijksma (RUG, Netherlands),
- A. Doelman (UvA, Netherlands),
- H. Dym (Rehovot, Israel),
- A. Frazho (West Lafayette, IN, USA),
- J. Hulshof (VU, Netherlands),
- L. Kérchy (Szeged, Hungary),
- H. Langer (Wien, Austria),
- N. Nikolski (Bordeaux, France),
- R. Temam (Orsay, France),
- E. Titi (Irvine, CA, USA),
- S. Verduyn Lunel (UL&VU, Netherlands).
The lectures are held on Wednesday October 18th and Thursday October
19th. On Friday October 20th the VU presents Ciprian Foias the honorary
Click here for the complete program of the
conference, including abstracts of the
talks to be held.
Location and transportation
The accomodation for the speakers is hotel Aalders. How to reach the
VU from that location as well as directions for all who want to attend
can be found here.
The conference is supported by:
For further information contact
Last modified: 21 sep 2000