|Repertoire||Orchestra||Solo||Ochestra (incomplete)||Solo (incomplete)||String orch||Wind ens||Opera/Oratorio|
Repertoire overview for chamber orchestraWe compiled a list of repertoire that we deemed attractive for Chamber Orchestra. Originally, we made this list for concert planning for our own orchestra, the VU-Kamerorkest, but it has grown so exhaustive that is generally useful for Chamber Orchestras. Nevertheless, this list is never going to be complete. If you think some composers or pieces that we do not list do belong here, please notify us: !
Criteria for selection in the list:
- chamber orchestra scoring: the reference scoring is Beethoven’s orchestra with 22.214.171.124. 126.96.36.199. 1.0. str;
- larger scoring is allowed, depending whether a piece comes up well with a smaller, clearer string scoring. However, we do not as a rule list works for your typical symphony orchestra (188.8.131.52. 184.108.40.206, strings in excess of 220.127.116.11.5 etc). A limit is drawn at some 10 woodwinds and 8 brass;
- smaller scoring is allowed, but since this inevitably sets aside orchestra members the selection is narrower. This holds a fortiori for the works for string orchestra or wind band;
- composers are selected at the whims of the compilers of the list. However, we try to include all composers that are valued by our conductor or the programme committee;
- the list for opera and oratoria is in its starting phase. We guess there are at least as many works here as in the other lists together. The list will be extended.