Computer science department is located in the NU (New university) building (De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam). You can enter the building through the campus entrance or through the De Boelelaan entrance.
Getting there from:
It is a 10 minute walk to the VU from Station Zuid/WTC
By public transport in approx. 2-4 minutes, get off at De Boelelaan / VU:
- Tram 5 direction Amstelveen Binnenhof
- Tram 6 direction Amstelveen Binnenhof (Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. - 9:30 am and 3:30 pm - 6 pm)
- Bus 55 direction Amstelveen
- Bus 62 direction Haarlemmermeerstation
- Bus 242 towards Mijdrecht Centrum (Monday to Friday between 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm)
- Bus 341 towards Hoofddorp Spaarne Gasthuis
- Bus 346 direction Haarlem Station
- Bus 348 direction Uithoorn
- Bus 358 towards Kudelstaart
- Metro 51 direction Isolatorweg (15 min) - stop Station Zuid; see further 'From Amsterdam Zuid station'
- Tram 24 direction VU medical center (35 min) - De Boelelaan/VU exit stop
- Metro 51 direction Central Station (15 min) - up to the Amstelveenseweg stop and change to tram 24 towards VU, or walk (10 minutes); or get off at Station Zuid stop and see further 'From Amsterdam Zuid station'
- Bus 15 direction Station Zuid (30 min) - get off at Station Zuid (terminus); see further 'From Amsterdam Zuid station'
- Metro 51 direction Isolatorweg (10 min) - get off at Station Zuid (terminus); see further 'From Amsterdam Zuid station'
- Bus 62 towards Haarlemmermeerstation (30 min) - get off at De Boelelaan
There are several direct regional bus services to the VU:
Get off: De Boelelaan / VU
Bus 242 from Mijdrecht via Uithoorn and Amstelveen (only Monday through Friday in the morning rush hour)
Bus 341 from Hoofddorp via Schiphol
Bus 346 from Haarlem
Bus 348 from Uithoorn via Amstelveen
Bus 358 from Kudelstaart via Aalsmeer and Amstelveen
Get off: Amsterdam UMC - location VUmc
Bus 347 from Uithoorn via Amstelveen
Bus 357 from Aalsmeer via Amstelveen
The A-10 Amsterdam ring road can be reached from all directions. Follow the A-10 to the Zuid/Amstelveen exit S 108. Turn left at the end of the slip road onto Amstelveenseweg: after about three hundred yards (at the VU hospital building) turn left again onto De Boelelaan. VU Amsterdam can be reached via city routes S 108 and S 109.
There is a limited amount of parking space around Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam itself in De Boelelaan, which has parking bays, and also in Gustav Mahlerllaan. There is paid parking on VU Amsterdam parking lot to the right of the Hospital Outpatient Clinic. There is even more parking space on the east side of Buitenveldertselaan at the junction with Willem van Weldammelaan, within 5 minutes walking distance of VU Amsterdam. A number of parking places for the handicapped are reserved in front of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Main Building.
Travellers arriving at Schiphol can take the train to Station Zuid/ WTC.