topical media & game development
- form = perspective
- content = area of interest
the question is how to reconcile
form and content
- review/background -- sketch perspectives, history, viewpoints
- case study -- analyse assumptions, gather empirical data, and explain!
- technical analysis -- technology-oriented, work out the details
- formal study -- clarify in a formal manner, conceptualize and formalize
- tutorial -- explain for the laymen, but do it very good
areas of interest
- multimedia authoring -- methods, tools, projects
- digital convergence -- media, platforms, networking
- standards -- motivations, proposals, technologies
- information retrieval -- applications, techniques, architecture
form vs content
- match approach with interest
- use the matrix
| technical analysis
slide: the matrix
- digital convergence and the future of mobile multimedia
- the art of editing
- multimedia standards -- MPEG4
- multimedia technology -- DirectX toolbox or ...
- multimedia information retrieval --searching for images, video and sound
- presentation technology -- desktop VR
- media @ home -- Windows Media Center
title [ -- subtitle ]
name, number, group, email
2,3,4 -- ... sections ...
- 1/3 quote, 1/3 paraphrase, 1/3 interpretation
- use meaningful titles and subtitles
- think about the structure
- don't let the words control you!
- you are the first to understand what you write
- ask a friend to read your draft
- select a subject
- think of a (working) title
- collect material -- syllabus, online resources
- write an abstract!
- decide on the structure
- write and revise
- check: structure, meaning and grammar
You may not copy or print any of this material without explicit permission of the author or the publisher.
In case of other copyright issues, contact the author.