topical media & game development
example(s) -- multimedia in africa
End of 2006, we were asked to participate in a joint project with ethiopian
universities to develop a multimedia
curriculum for these
universities. In developing such a curriculum we should stick
to the principles outlined below:
... the curriculum should emphasise basic principles,
and to the extent possible employ open standards and open source.
Practical assignments must be centered on local culture,
and stimulate the young talent to explore innovative
applications for cultural heritage, serious games and artistic
where, what & why
- where -- Ethiopia & VU
- what -- introduction multimedia
- why -- to develop curriculum
- low end computers -- windows, linux
- elementary skills -- programming, design
- open source -- flex 2 sdk, Delta3D
- open standards -- XML, X3D
- basic principles -- exploratory development
- local -- present local cultural heritage
- serious -- develop serious game(s)
- benefits -- promote local culture and commerce
These statements express thye situation beforehand.
At the time of writing the project has not been started, due to a delay
caused by one of the candidate tutors from the ethiopian dropping out.
You may not copy or print any of this material without explicit permission of the author or the publisher.
In case of other copyright issues, contact the author.