- I suggest taking the example described in
but you are encouraged to find a different example.
- See slide
- Class invariants may be disrupted by refining methods
that introduce hidden modifications to
the value(s) of instance variables.
- The intuition underlying the
Law of Demeter is essentially that ignorance
of how a class is implemented is
beneficial for understanding
- See slide
- Semantic modeling is mostly concerned
with defining the attributes of objects and
the relation between object classes.
Object-oriented modeling, in contrast,
is more concerned with characterizing
the behavioral properties of objects.
However, the two approaches are converging.
- Abstract systems may be regarded as the
characterization of the functionality offered
by a collection of abstract data types.
It specifies the repertoire of methods
available to the user of such a collection.
- Classes corresponding to actual events
specify the interactions which must occur
The resources which are needed when the event
occurs are specified when creating the event.
Protection is offered by hiding
the interaction between the objects
in the definition of the event