Compiles and links MPI programs written in Fortran 77
This command can be used to compile and link MPI programs written in
Fortran 77. It provides the options and any special libraries that are
needed to compile and link MPI programs.
It is important to use this command (or a Makefile processed with
mpireconfig) particularly when linking programs, as it provides
the necessary libraries. It can also simplify the use of the MPE
profiling libraries, through the use of the -mpilog, -mpitrace,
and -mpianim commands.
Command line arguments
- -mpilog - Build version that generate MPE log files
- -mpitrace - Build version that generates traces
- -mpianim - Build version that generates real-time
- -show - Show the commands that would be used without
- -help - Give short help
- -echo - Show exactly what this program is doing.
This option should normally not be used.
- others - are passed to the compiler or linker. For example, -c
causes files to be compiled, -g selects compilation with debugging
on most systems, and -o name causes linking with the output
executable given the name name.
To compile a single file foo.f, use
mpif77 -c foo.f
To link the output and make an executable, use
Combining compilation and linking in a single command
mpif77 -o foo foo.o
is a convenient way to build simple programs.
mpif77 -o foo foo.f