Produces a group by combining two groups
int MPI_Group_union ( group1, group2, group_out )
MPI_Group group1, group2, *group_out;
- group1 - first group (handle)
- group2 - second group (handle)
- newgroup - union group (handle)
Notes for Fortran
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK) have
an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr
is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine
in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the
All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype, MPI_Comm) are of type INTEGER
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick) return an error value;
C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last
argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is
called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler
may be changed with MPI_Errhandler_set; the predefined error handler
MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned.
Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past
- MPI_SUCCESS - No error; MPI routine completed successfully.
- MPI_ERR_GROUP - Null group passed to function.
- MPI_ERR_INTERN - This error is returned when some part of the MPICH
implementation is unable to acquire memory.