Sends and receives using a single buffer
int MPI_Sendrecv_replace( buf, count, datatype, dest, sendtag,
source, recvtag, comm, status )
int count, dest, sendtag, source, recvtag;
- count - number of elements in send and receive buffer (integer)
- datatype - type of elements in send and receive buffer (handle)
- dest - rank of destination (integer)
- sendtag - send message tag (integer)
- source - rank of source (integer)
- recvtag - receive message tag (integer)
- comm - communicator (handle)
- buf - initial address of send and receive buffer (choice)
- status - status object (Status)
Notes for Fortran
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK) have
an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr
is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine
in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the
All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype, MPI_Comm) are of type INTEGER
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick) return an error value;
C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last
argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is
called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler
may be changed with MPI_Errhandler_set; the predefined error handler
MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned.
Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past
- MPI_SUCCESS - No error; MPI routine completed successfully.
- MPI_ERR_COMM - Invalid communicator. A common error is to use a null
communicator in a call (not even allowed in MPI_Comm_rank).
- MPI_ERR_COUNT - Invalid count argument. Count arguments must be
non-negative; a count of zero is often valid.
MPI_Datatype (see MPI_Type_commit).
- MPI_ERR_TYPE - Invalid datatype argument. May be an uncommitted
- MPI_ERR_TAG - Invalid tag argument. Tags must be non-negative; tags
in a receive (MPI_Recv, MPI_Irecv, MPI_Sendrecv, etc.) may
also be MPI_ANY_TAG. The largest tag value is available through the
the attribute MPI_TAG_UB.
- MPI_ERR_RANK - Invalid source or destination rank. Ranks must be between
zero and the size of the communicator minus one; ranks in a receive
(MPI_Recv, MPI_Irecv, MPI_Sendrecv, etc.) may also be MPI_ANY_SOURCE.
- MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE - Message truncated on receive. The buffer size specified
was too small for the received message. This is a recoverable error in
the MPICH implementation.
- MPI_ERR_INTERN - This error is returned when some part of the MPICH
implementation is unable to acquire memory.